Depending on the severity and cause, neck pain can last for a few days to several years. Common causes of chronic neck pain include osteoarthritis, spinal stenosis, pinched nerves, herniated discs, mental and physical stress, poor posture, tumors, and other health conditions. Chiropractic care can help ease the symptoms and provide natural pain relief. Our chiropractors at Simple Truth Chiropractic in Grand Rapids understand the need to find relief for your neck pain without having to rely on pain medication or invasive procedures like surgery.
What Causes a Stiff Neck?
A stiff neck and associated pain can occur in and around the spine just beneath the head. The common cause of neck pain and stiffness is an injury or other medical condition. Some experience a throbbing, continual pain, while others experience shooting pains in the neck, shoulder, arms, and back areas. Other possible causes of neck pain include:
- Aging is a significant cause of neck pain because people develop conditions such as osteoarthritis and spinal stenosis.
- Injuries can cause damage to the nerves and pull muscles, ligaments, discs, and joints in the neck, resulting in pain and stiffness.
- Mental stress can create tension, make the neck feel stiff, and cause pain.
- A physical strain occurs from overuse of the neck muscles, creating pain and stiffness.
- Masses, such as tumors, bone spurs, and cysts, can cause neck pain.
- Other causes include poor posture, being overweight, cancer, rheumatoid arthritis, and meningitis.
Neck Pain Treatment
A chiropractor can diagnose the root cause of your neck pain, and then treat the source, not just the symptoms. A customized chiropractic care plan provides patients with non-invasive treatment, eliminating the need for addictive medications. We will treat your neck pain using spinal decompression therapy and adjustments to align the spine to its proper position. Other neck pain treatment methods include massage therapy, cold laser therapy, physical therapy, acupuncture, and transcutaneous electrical nerve stimulation (TENS).
Contact Our Chiropractors for Neck Pain Treatment in Grand Rapids, MI
If you are suffering from acute or chronic neck pain, contact our chiropractors to learn more about our natural, effective, and non-invasive treatment options. At Simple Truth Chiropractic in Grand Rapids, we provide quality care for a variety of health conditions, including neck pain. Call our Grand Rapids office today at (616) 458-8063 or our Lake Odessa office at (616) 755-1211. You can also reach us through our website by using our online contact form.